Home » Developers » Shapeways API » API Release - 2013-05-01
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
API Release - 2013-05-01 [message #67301] Wed, 01 May 2013 22:15 UTC Go to next message
avatar ProfessorBeekums  is currently offline ProfessorBeekums
Go to my shop
I work here
We're happy to announce new features for the API this week!

Private models:
You can now obtain a key from the API for accessing private models. The return value 'secretKey' is returned on POST /models/v1, GET /models/{modelId}v1, PUT /models/info/v1, and GET /models/{modelId}/info/v1. You can use this key by adding it to the model url: www.shapeways.com/model/[modelId]/?key=[key]
Note that this is a permanent key that does not expire.

Default Materials:
A new Beta field, 'defaultMaterialId', has been added that allows you to set the default material for your models. This is a parameter on POST /models/v1 and PUT /models/{modelId}/info/v1 and as a return value for POST /models/v1, GET /models/{modelId}v1, PUT /models/info/v1, and GET /models/{modelId}/info/v1.

These new fields can be found in the HTML API Docs and the JSON API Discovery.
Re: API Release - 2013-05-01 [message #67759 is a reply to message #67301 ] Fri, 10 May 2013 05:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Bathsheba  is currently offline Bathsheba
Go to my shop
Has anyone else tried defaultMaterialId? I can't get it to work, the field is not set or returned whatever I do.

-Bathsheba
http://bathsheba.com
Re: API Release - 2013-05-01 [message #68119 is a reply to message #67759 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 07:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar zoatron  is currently offline zoatron
Go to my shop
I got it to work eventually.

I note with interest that defaultMaterialId is no longer a beta field, it's official now, and that there is a new beta field for setting the categories of a model.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 May 2013 07:24 UTC]

-Bathsheba
(the same person, a different project.)

Previous Topic:Help with Automatic Ordering from my Site?
Next Topic:API Release 2013-05-16