Wearable Cat Ears

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by trishycakes, Apr 30, 2013.

1. trishycakes
    trishycakes Member
    Got my cat ears in the mail last night. I did a sealing coat on them and took some photos before I started to cast them.
    https://www.shapeways.com/model/1051423/cat-ears-or-pony-or-d og.html <--Link to model.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am going to paint them a grey for my upcoming cosplay costume and try to do a few variations via cast models using the 3D print as the mold.

Attached Files:

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    So much excitement over your latest work?

Wonderful modeling!

3. trishycakes
    trishycakes Member
    Thank you. This one was a labor of love to get the right shape.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    What software do you use?

5. trishycakes
    trishycakes Member
    I generally use Rhino, but this one was different. It was a combination of Zbrush for the form and Rhino for the sizing and shelling.

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Ah similar to how I do my organic models. I use sculptris, and blender though.

7. trishycakes
    trishycakes Member
    Oh! I love sculptris. It is what got me started into zbrush. I never could get the hang of blender though.

8. Youknowwho4eva
    :laughing: I know enough blender to do what I need to and get out. Hollow, getting better at scaling, and adding non-organic elements (pendant loops and such).

9. trishycakes
    trishycakes Member
    I tried the tutorials and gave up. I can make basic shapes but I could never find anything in the UI. It seems like it could be really awesome, but I guess it's not for me.

10. GarySG
    GarySG Member
    I've managed to get the hang of sculpt in Blender, which enables be to do quite a lot :D but the rest is beyond me..

11. trishycakes
    trishycakes Member
    Decided to share this picture of them from a photo shoot I did today.
    [​IMG]