Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need simple (I think) 3D model created from 2D cross-sections
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need simple (I think) 3D model created from 2D cross-sections [message #66939] Sat, 27 April 2013 00:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar blabus  is currently offline blabus
Go to all my models
So I'm looking to have a 3D version of our company's logo created for use as a keychain. However, I only work with 2D design (Photoshop, Illustrator) and have no 3D knowledge or experience, so I was hoping to find someone who can take the attached 2D cross sections I've illustrated and turn them into a 3D model suitable for being printed by Shapeways (STL file format I believe?).

So if anyone is available, send me a quote! Attached are the cross sections, and I also have those shapes in vector format, in case you can import them into your 3D software to make things easier. (Also I know the cross sections view may not be the easiest to envision the 3D version by, so you can send me questions and I'll try to describe it better).

index.php?t=getfile&id=31279&private=0

• Attachment: Keychain.png
    (Size: 31.46KB, Downloaded 118 time(s))

Re: Need simple (I think) 3D model created from 2D cross-sections [message #66943 is a reply to message #66939 ] Sat, 27 April 2013 04:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Here ya go.

• Attachment: logo.stl
    (Size: 2.89MB, Downloaded 37 time(s))

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Need simple (I think) 3D model created from 2D cross-sections [message #66966 is a reply to message #66943 ] Sat, 27 April 2013 23:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar blabus  is currently offline blabus
Go to all my models
stonysmith wrote on Sat, 27 April 2013 04:11

Here ya go.

Holy hell, now that's what I call service! I can't thank you enough!

Previous Topic:Need someone good at making Figuarts Figures
Next Topic:3-D models

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.