Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Small initial project - Good Detailed Modeller Needed?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Small initial project - Good Detailed Modeller Needed? [message #66902] Fri, 26 April 2013 13:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar J2013  is currently offline J2013
Go to all my models
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in helping me out? I need a small 3D model made as part of a test project to see how this goes, if it works then there could be more work, if not then no harm done.

To begin with I need someone who can model something from looking at a photograph? The part is fairly small and when printed will only be about 5cm x 3cm x 5cm, not sure of the exact size just yet, it doesn't need to be solid when printed (i'm guessing hollow is cheaper?) and only one side needs modelled as the other side is a complete replication of the other, so it can be copied and flipped and then attached to the first model for printing.

I need someone who is good with detailing and who will design this in a way that will minimise the printing cost... if that makes sense?

Interested parties please get in touch and I will send a photo of the sample item to be made?

Thanks

Re: Small initial project - Good Detailed Modeller Needed? [message #66903 is a reply to message #66902 ] Fri, 26 April 2013 13:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar accushape3d  is currently offline accushape3d
Go to my shop
Sorry, I am in mechanical design and not so experienced in surfacing.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 April 2013 14:16 UTC]

www.accushape3d.com 15 years of proven experience in Solidworks and Mechanical Design.
Re: Small initial project - Good Detailed Modeller Needed? [message #66932 is a reply to message #66902 ] Fri, 26 April 2013 21:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Neostralie  is currently offline Neostralie
Go to all my models
Is it an artistic or a technical project?
Re: Small initial project - Good Detailed Modeller Needed? [message #66933 is a reply to message #66932 ] Fri, 26 April 2013 21:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar J2013  is currently offline J2013
Go to all my models
I'm not sure, its basically a ships bollards with curvature and a bit of detailing, a few technical engineers who PM'd me had to decline as they said it was more surface modelling?
Re: Small initial project - Good Detailed Modeller Needed? [message #66935 is a reply to message #66902 ] Fri, 26 April 2013 22:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar accushape3d  is currently offline accushape3d
Go to my shop
I would say more on the artistic side but someone tecnical with good surfacing exp would be able to.

www.accushape3d.com 15 years of proven experience in Solidworks and Mechanical Design.
Re: Small initial project - Good Detailed Modeller Needed? [message #66936 is a reply to message #66935 ] Fri, 26 April 2013 23:13 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Neostralie  is currently offline Neostralie
Go to all my models
Send me your pics so I can see what you realy want.

Previous Topic:MODELLER FOR FASHION AND ACCESSORY PROJECT (URGENT)
Next Topic:Need someone good at making Figuarts Figures

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.