Home » Community » General Discussion » Uh oh! Seems like your model needs a bit more love before our robots can work their magic.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Uh oh! Seems like your model needs a bit more love before our robots can work their magic. [message #66761] Wed, 24 April 2013 05:16 UTC Go to next message
avatar andrew40  is currently offline andrew40
Go to all my models
Hello

I received an email saying that "There's a problem with your model". However, there was no description of what the problem was, such as non-manifold edges. If I did not get a specific error message, does this mean there is a problem with the file type?

Please let me know if anyone else has had this issue. Thank you
Re: Uh oh! Seems like your model needs a bit more love before our robots can work their magic. [message #66765 is a reply to message #66761 ] Wed, 24 April 2013 05:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
See here 66133 and search the forum for many other instances.
Re: Uh oh! Seems like your model needs a bit more love before our robots can work their magic. [message #66767 is a reply to message #66765 ] Wed, 24 April 2013 06:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Last time I got this e-mail I think (but I am not 100% sure) that it was because I exceeded the 1 million triangles limit. If it was the case, having a more explicit message would have helped.

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Uh oh! Seems like your model needs a bit more love before our robots can work their magic. [message #66798 is a reply to message #66761 ] Wed, 24 April 2013 13:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Can you share the model with us? Currently, if you fail the automatic checks, it just kicks back a failure error Sad. If it were a file type error, or manifold error, you would be notified.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Uh oh! Seems like your model needs a bit more love before our robots can work their magic. [message #66799 is a reply to message #66761 ] Wed, 24 April 2013 13:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
I think everyone gets that message at some point.
Did they not give you an image of where the problem is?
I will look at it for you; just upload the file. By PM or my email, if you want to keep it private.

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: Uh oh! Seems like your model needs a bit more love before our robots can work their magic. [message #66800 is a reply to message #66799 ] Wed, 24 April 2013 13:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
JACANT wrote on Wed, 24 April 2013 13:20

I think everyone gets that message at some point.
Did they not give you an image of where the problem is?
I will look at it for you; just upload the file. By PM or my email, if you want to keep it private.

Images of the problem area are only for manual check rejections that are after you order.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Uh oh! Seems like your model needs a bit more love before our robots can work their magic. [message #66807 is a reply to message #66800 ] Wed, 24 April 2013 14:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar trishycakes  is currently offline trishycakes
Go to my shop
I have been having that problem off and on myself, but only if I run it through netfabb. If I try it again, sometimes it just works. I have been avoiding netfabb at the moment for that exact reason.
Re: Uh oh! Seems like your model needs a bit more love before our robots can work their magic. [message #66822 is a reply to message #66761 ] Wed, 24 April 2013 22:14 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
That error message occurs due to one of several factors including (but not limited to);

Over 1 million triangles. (save the file as a stl binary, if the model is 49.6MB+ there's more than 1million triangles. or just use NetFabb to get the count)
A time-out on Shapeways Mesh Medic checking software generally caused by a close to 1m tri limit colour model or complicated multi shell model (e.g. chain maille)
A winding check error - this is to do with a model having triangles that are not in the right order and probably just one doesn't match up with the rest.

Models that are built using a face to face butting up system (Sketchup?) will also cause a similar issue if the amount of shared faces causes confusion with Mesh Medic.

Paul

Previous Topic:Wall thickness of a surface
Next Topic:Weekend Contest #9: Curate our Homepage - the Best of 3D Printing

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.