Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Simplest job on here... Just need someone to model a pyramid for me
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Simplest job on here... Just need someone to model a pyramid for me [message #66677] Tue, 23 April 2013 02:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar Pablo123  is currently offline Pablo123
Go to all my models
I am guessing is should be about as simple a request as you will see: just need someone to generate a model of a pyramid for shapeways. Dimensions of the square base is 4 inches a side, and each face a 55-55-70 triangle. If my high school math is correct, the vertical sides of the triangle would be 3.5 inches.
Re: Simplest job on here... Just need someone to model a pyramid for me [message #66680 is a reply to message #66677 ] Tue, 23 April 2013 04:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
To paraphrase Teddy Roosevelt: nothing worth doing is easy, nothing easy is worth doing.

At that size, the object is going to be rather expensive.
You could save a large amount of money if you make the pyramid hollow.
But, that causes the question: What Material would you like to print it in?

Each material has a different wall thickness requirement.

The attached file is 4x4x3.5 and is completely solid.
It'd cost about $425.00 to print as a solid in WSF, possibly somewhere around $70 if it was hollow.

Edit: you actually want a pyramid that is 2.86" from the base to the peak.

• Attachment: Pyramid.stl
    (Size: 0.38KB, Downloaded 23 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 23 April 2013 04:40 UTC]

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Simplest job on here... Just need someone to model a pyramid for me [message #66796 is a reply to message #66680 ] Wed, 24 April 2013 12:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Pablo123  is currently offline Pablo123
Go to all my models
Thank you very much. I was going to make something for my nephew in plastic, but at those costs, it is obvious I should go back to manual. I doubt he is going to appreciate a set of $70 toy pyramids!

If I ever get something that merits this kind of work and cost I will let you know. Thank you again.

Previous Topic:Need a favor
Next Topic:Need a favor