Home » Community » It arrived! » DualNexus bracelet
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
DualNexus bracelet [message #6652] Fri, 18 September 2009 15:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar alienology  is currently offline alienology
Go to my shop
Hello everybody!

Here's DualNexus bracelet.

WSF, about 73mm in diameter. Turned out quite nice. Good work Shapeways
Try more flavors at http://www.alienology.com

index.php?t=getfile&id=1405&private=0

and more details:

index.php?t=getfile&id=1406&private=0

and now wife is modeling for me:

index.php?t=getfile&id=1407&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=1408&private=0

Coming up... QuadNexus and more... stay tuned

Igor | Alienology

Re: DualNexus bracelet [message #6665 is a reply to message #6652 ] Sat, 19 September 2009 02:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Galbot  is currently offline Galbot
Go to my shop
and how much to print in metal? $200? Looks great, are you just goint to print these in plastic or is it a one off?
Re: DualNexus bracelet [message #6668 is a reply to message #6665 ] Sat, 19 September 2009 05:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop
Igor, this is really really nice!!

-Whystler

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/
Re: DualNexus bracelet [message #6673 is a reply to message #6652 ] Sat, 19 September 2009 07:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar RobbieMac  is currently offline RobbieMac
Go to all my models
A really nice creation indeed.
Re: DualNexus bracelet [message #6675 is a reply to message #6652 ] Sat, 19 September 2009 12:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
It has a very charming flow ! Beautiful !

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: DualNexus bracelet [message #6683 is a reply to message #6652 ] Sun, 20 September 2009 01:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar alienology  is currently offline alienology
Go to my shop
Thanks guys... several more designs coming up soon.

These are now being made as series. Well... I created new, slightly altered design, somewhat smaller and changed the design so that the bracelet is not full circle like O but almost closed like C. Other than that it;s the same thing.

This works well with flexibility of the material to fit both larger and smaller sized hands / arms. This I did after the feedback of some friends saying that this pictured bracelet is little too big. But... some girls liked it... so now I am going with two models. I should have new version in few days.

I am not sure if I can print this in metal. Probably not exactly as it is now, because the thinnest threads there are about 1mm thick.
I can "beef" it up easy because this is (to a large degree) parametric object.
It DOES give me an option to print stainless steel - but I doubt it will work just like that (maybe someone at Shapeways can tell me?). This would be somewhat over 100$ in metal.... but WSF is material of choice for this one as final. Flexibility just works great with this form. Quite unusual.

But... that is the question I had (and posted to general forum area), what are the constraints of metal printing from any users out there with real-world experience.
Should you have some opinions about it - do share.
See this post here - and give any feedback f you can:

http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1255&a mp;start=0&S=852fadf0241da911bf6bc50e40707641

Previous Topic:Shiral in stainless steel
Next Topic:Metal Sonic

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.