Home »  » Post Production Techniques » Best glue, spackle and sandpaper for WSF?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Best glue, spackle and sandpaper for WSF? [message #66660] Mon, 22 April 2013 19:52 UTC
avatar SophieKahn  is currently offline SophieKahn
Go to my shop
Hi everyone,

I am working on a series of 4 large sculptures, produced in WSF. Some of them were actually a little too large for the machine, so there are some small parts that need to be re-attached. I plan to spackle the join once it has been glued, and spray-paint the whole thing. I did this previously on one piece that did not require gluing, and was happy with the result.

I also received one model with a visible line that runs across the whole of the piece, where the two lasers needed to print it did not quite line up. So far I haven't had a whole lot of luck sanding it. I was reluctant to use very coarse paper as I didn't want to scratch the rest of the surface. So my questions are:

-What's the best glue for gluing two parts that are 6mm thick to each other? (I saw in the archives that some people recommended 4 hr epoxy? Any updated recommendations?)

-Any spackle recommendations?

-Lastly, what grade of sandpaper have people used to sand down problematic areas on their models without actually polishing the whole thing?

Here's a previous piece so you can see the kind of object I'm talking about.

Thanks!

http://www.sophiekahn.net

Previous Topic:A new way to smooth WSF?
Next Topic:Molding and Casting

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.