Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Best glue, spackle and sandpaper for WSF?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Best glue, spackle and sandpaper for WSF? [message #66660] Mon, 22 April 2013 19:52 UTC
avatar Sophie Kahn  is currently offline Sophie Kahn
Go to my shop
Hi everyone,

I am working on a series of 4 large sculptures, produced in WSF. Some of them were actually a little too large for the machine, so there are some small parts that need to be re-attached. I plan to spackle the join once it has been glued, and spray-paint the whole thing. I did this previously on one piece that did not require gluing, and was happy with the result.

I also received one model with a visible line that runs across the whole of the piece, where the two lasers needed to print it did not quite line up. So far I haven't had a whole lot of luck sanding it. I was reluctant to use very coarse paper as I didn't want to scratch the rest of the surface. So my questions are:

-What's the best glue for gluing two parts that are 6mm thick to each other? (I saw in the archives that some people recommended 4 hr epoxy? Any updated recommendations?)

-Any spackle recommendations?

-Lastly, what grade of sandpaper have people used to sand down problematic areas on their models without actually polishing the whole thing?

Here's a previous piece so you can see the kind of object I'm talking about.

Thanks!

http://www.sophiekahn.net

Previous Topic:A new way to smooth WSF?
Next Topic:Molding and Casting