Home » Support » 3D Design » Upload Sketchup file
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Upload Sketchup file [message #66362] Thu, 18 April 2013 17:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar Liem_Kieu04  is currently offline Liem_Kieu04
Go to all my models
I converted a Sketchup file to a STL file using the plugin on guitarlist.com. When I tried to upload it to Shapeways, Shapeways says it can't open the file; it's a .bin file. What does that mean?

• Attachment: Capture1.JPG
    (Size: 31.23KB, Downloaded 31 time(s))

Re: Upload Sketchup file [message #66377 is a reply to message #66362 ] Thu, 18 April 2013 19:41 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Have you tried removing the .bin extension, so that the filename ends with .stl ? (There are two variants of STL - one human-readable
text and numerals, the other - you guessed it - using a binary representation of data tjhat is much more compact. The shapeways software
understands both, but perhaps it is confused by the .bin extension.) Also I recommend that you download the free version of netfabb studio
basic from netfabb.com, which allows you to check your files and is as close as you can get to the software shapeways uses internally.

Previous Topic:Blender STL Upload Problem
Next Topic:Brick wall texture for Sketchup in scale

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.