Home » Support » 3D Design » Is this too complicated to get rapid prototyped?!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Is this too complicated to get rapid prototyped?! [message #66227] Wed, 17 April 2013 00:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar Thomasaddison  is currently offline Thomasaddison
Go to all my models
Just wondering if you think this would be possible to rapid prototype or not ?, if not any idea on how i could prototype it!. basically its a disc dropper ^.^

I've included a pdf with some images, the quality messed up :/ but i hope you get the idea, its 220mm high, 60 mm diameter including square edge sections.

• Attachment: Shapeways.pdf
    (Size: 267.28KB, Downloaded 78 time(s))

Re: Is this too complicated to get rapid prototyped?! [message #66232 is a reply to message #66227 ] Wed, 17 April 2013 00:55 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
The design seems fundamentally printable. You'll have to take some of the loose pieces and sprue them together so they won't get lost / damaged during the cleaning process.

The trouble is going to be that at the size you're wanting.. it's going to be a bit pricey:
http://stonysmith.com/wired/VolumeEstimator.asp?L=200&W= 60&H=60&T=1

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Hollow object problem
Next Topic:Blender STL Upload Problem

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.