Home » Community » Work in progress » I loathe Rejection.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
I loathe Rejection. [message #66166] Mon, 15 April 2013 20:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar Earl42  is currently offline Earl42
Go to all my models
I can't figure out why my model keeps getting rejected. Please halp.

Re: I loathe Rejection. [message #66169 is a reply to message #66166 ] Mon, 15 April 2013 20:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Check it with netfabb studio basic - it will show you several problems around the engraved name.
(Not expert enough to fix it though, sorry - my attempts at repairing actually made things worse.)
Re: I loathe Rejection. [message #66174 is a reply to message #66169 ] Mon, 15 April 2013 23:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
What program did you use to create the model?
It will be easier to fix in this. You have faces on top of other faces.
Upload your original cad file. Then the problem should become apparent.

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: I loathe Rejection. [message #66178 is a reply to message #66174 ] Tue, 16 April 2013 02:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Catia. It has been a real bit...challenge.

Re: I loathe Rejection. [message #66182 is a reply to message #66178 ] Tue, 16 April 2013 05:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Try this copy.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: I loathe Rejection. [message #66194 is a reply to message #66182 ] Tue, 16 April 2013 13:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Stonysmith,
What did you do to change it? I would like to know for future reference. Was it something I did with the writing? The process I used to get the writing in was very convoluted.
Re: I loathe Rejection. [message #66209 is a reply to message #66194 ] Tue, 16 April 2013 16:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
This may even be better.
Extracted inner shell as part in Netfabb. Repaired missing faces around letters.

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: I loathe Rejection. [message #66300 is a reply to message #66209 ] Wed, 17 April 2013 23:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Sorry, I'm out travelling and I have a very wonky internet connection at times.

You probably don't want to use my method. There's too much work involved.
I opened the STL in Netfabb and selected the main body of the design, ignoring all the extra shells that are in there.
I then applied the "Close Holes" modifier, and that fixed most of the model, but it partially closed two of the cutouts on the lefthand arm of the model.
So, I exported that main body and then imported it into Truespace.
In Truespace, I started erasing individual bad vertexes.
Three hours and several hundred deleted vertexes later, I had the model that I uploaded.
Yes, I'm crazy to do so much work manually, but for me it's more relaxing/teraputic than playing Angry Birds.

===
You should go back to Catia and see if you can figure out how to do proper Booleans and Exports. It seems that Catia has some issue(s) when trying to deal with the booleans. It's leaving a bunch of faces un-connected, and they need to all be connected into a single solid.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: I loathe Rejection. [message #66356 is a reply to message #66300 ] Thu, 18 April 2013 16:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
stonysmith wrote on Wed, 17 April 2013 23:20

Three hours and several hundred deleted vertexes later, I had the model that I uploaded.
Yes, I'm crazy to do so much work manually, but for me it's more relaxing/teraputic than playing Angry Birds.

I see a new app in the making - "Angry Vertices" ! No? Shocked

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: I loathe Rejection. [message #66359 is a reply to message #66356 ] Thu, 18 April 2013 16:48 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
lensman wrote on Thu, 18 April 2013 16:37

stonysmith wrote on Wed, 17 April 2013 23:20

I see a new app in the making - "Angry Vertices" ! No? Shocked

Laughing

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:A watch for musicians !
Next Topic:Nerf Gun Mod

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.