Home » Community » Work in progress » Airbus A318
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Airbus A318 [message #66164] Mon, 15 April 2013 19:22 UTC Go to next message
avatar eagle is currently online eagle
Go to my shop
Hey friends!

I'd like to share my recent model with you. The smallest aircraft manifactured by Airbus:
Airbus A318

index.php?t=getfile&id=30633&private=0

Product page: http://shpws.me/nDdJ

Re: Airbus A318 [message #66189 is a reply to message #66164 ] Tue, 16 April 2013 12:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
nice model!

Greetings
Dragoman
Re: Airbus A318 [message #66193 is a reply to message #66189 ] Tue, 16 April 2013 13:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yes nice job! Surprised

I was thinking how difficult it must be to paint these scale models. Two ideas I had for making it easier would be to take advantage of the 3D printing aspect and make a template along with the model. Something like a thin veneer that would fit perfectly over parts of the model to be painted. The other idea was to take advantage of capillary action. Take those windows for example, lets say one were to design in a kind of sponge like structure in the shape of each window. Then, to do the painting, the artist would simply touch each window with a tiny bead of paint and BAM the bead would be sucked into the shape of the window.

The capillary action idea wouldn't work for highly scaled models due to the definition of the current printing technology, but lower scales would be doable. Did I say that right? I know nothing about scaled modeling. Razz

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: Airbus A318 [message #67048 is a reply to message #66164 ] Mon, 29 April 2013 11:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
@Dragoman, @UniverseBecoming

Thank you! It's nice to get some positive feedback about models for a newbie in 3d print world.
Re: Airbus A318 [message #67608 is a reply to message #66164 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 01:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dukat03  is currently offline dukat03
Go to all my models
Just curious and i'm new to this site but was this printed with Shapeway or your own printer ?
Re: Airbus A318 [message #67953 is a reply to message #66164 ] Tue, 14 May 2013 15:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
@dukat03 Welcome to Shapeways Smile
Unfortunately this is just a render image of the model. You can find printed models under "it arrived" section of forums.
Re: Airbus A318 [message #82233 is a reply to message #67953 ] Mon, 30 December 2013 08:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar he3dprinter  is currently offline he3dprinter
Go to all my models
Great!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Airbus A318 [message #82234 is a reply to message #67953 ] Mon, 30 December 2013 09:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar he3dprinter  is currently offline he3dprinter
Go to all my models
seems very smooth

Previous Topic:Banana Doge
Next Topic:Animatronic Bee..

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.