Home » Community » General Discussion » I want a clear tinted water-like base, with my full color dolphin tail dancing on top :) ... ?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
I want a clear tinted water-like base, with my full color dolphin tail dancing on top :) ... ? [message #66030] Thu, 11 April 2013 23:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar DaveMatherly  is currently offline DaveMatherly
Go to my shop
I'm fitting my color printed dolphin onto a watery base
I was planning to paint the base with aqua colors, with the splashing drips fading to white
-UNLESS-
I can have the water printed clear (??) and hopefully a tinted clear (????) plastic
this way the bottom of the base can be deep aqua with the fringes of the splashing fading to clear.

That would be so nice. Is it possible?

Sounds like something that may need to be printed separately and then assembled.
Ouch.
These printers probably aren't designed to print different materials on the same pass.
I may be jumping ahead of the technology.

If anybody knows the answer, please respond.
Thanks in advance!
Dave
Re: I want a clear tinted water-like base, with my full color dolphin tail dancing on top :) ... ? [message #66035 is a reply to message #66030 ] Fri, 12 April 2013 02:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
No, you can't mix two materials in the same print.
You might be able to print one of the semi-transparent materials and then dye it a blue color.
But, those materials are not water-clear.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: I want a clear tinted water-like base, with my full color dolphin tail dancing on top :) ... ? [message #66045 is a reply to message #66035 ] Fri, 12 April 2013 04:46 UTC Go to previous message
avatar DaveMatherly  is currently offline DaveMatherly
Go to my shop
and thank you again!

this is what I thought.

I'll paint the water

Previous Topic:building a .wrl that works
Next Topic:Caltech Entrepreneur's Forum seeks panelist for May

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.