Markup to low after change

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by AceD, Apr 11, 2013.

1. AceD
    AceD Member
    Hi,

i noticed that my current markup is 20 Cents less than before.
    On Easter i lowered my markup to offer a discount for a week on my models. When the week was over, i set the markup back as it was before that week. The markup was set in EURO, directly in the edit menu from the models.
    But now, if someone bought one of my models, the markup i get under "My Sales", which is shown in DOLLARS there, is 20 cents lower.
    How could that happend? It's still the same markup (euro) on my model.

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    My crystal ball tells me that your markup must be something like 7 Euro then ?
    (Think Eur/USD exchange rate - and shapeways adjusts their rate sometime at
    the beginning of each month)

3. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    This is discussed a lot in other threads.

Although you may input your markup in Euro it is stored in USD by Shapeways and then converted using their rate each time the price/mark-up is displayed or the product is bought.

4. AceD
    AceD Member
    I know about the converting rate. But the markup was always the same for over half a year , i received for the same product that was bought.
    But than i change it once and go back after that to the old markup, and it's 20 cents less? That can't be right...

5. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    One of the more recent site updates added the ability to see the current exchange rate used by shapeways
    when you select "Edit" on any of your models. If you apply the current conversion to your Euro markup, does
    it match the suddenly too low USD value ? (I am by no means an avid watcher of exchange rates, but the rate
    has been quite stable slightly above 1.30 in recent months, except for a spike in February. Depending on the exact date
    (or closeness to the official rate) shapeways chooses for their update, it is not inconceivable that recent fluctuations
    in your markup may have been too small to notice while the latest update dropped the exchange rate below 1.30