Home » Support » 3D Design » Setting "scale" when uploading?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Setting "scale" when uploading? [message #6583] Wed, 16 September 2009 01:40 UTC Go to next message
avatar andykalin  is currently offline andykalin
Go to my shop
Hi All,

I'm a newbie uploading my first model (an STL exported from topmod). When I select "inches" from the Scale choices on the upload page, my model is too big (over 17cm long), but when I select "millimeters", it is too small (0.7 cm long).

Is there any way to specify the exact dimensions I want, when exporting or upload? Not sure how to do that ...

Thanks,

Andy
Re: Setting "scale" when uploading? [message #6584 is a reply to message #6583 ] Wed, 16 September 2009 02:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar groovelock  is currently offline groovelock
Go to my shop
You can load your model into "MeshLab'.

On the Mac version, select the Filters Menu -> Normals, Curvature, and Orientation -> Apply Transform. Select "Scale" and check "Uniform". Resize as desired. Click "Close and Freeze", and then export the model.

There is a useful calculator here to get the size correct for the desired amount you want to pay.

http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/36-Resize,-Get-the-Ri ght-Price.html

[Updated on: Wed, 16 September 2009 02:18 UTC]

Re: Setting "scale" when uploading? [message #6585 is a reply to message #6584 ] Wed, 16 September 2009 02:34 UTC Go to previous message
avatar andykalin  is currently offline andykalin
Go to my shop
thanks!

Previous Topic:Coil Spring Test Data
Next Topic:non-manifold error checking?