Home » Community » General Discussion » There's a problem with your model 'XXXXX'
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
There's a problem with your model 'XXXXX' [message #65906] Wed, 10 April 2013 15:33 UTC Go to next message
avatar Tjaart  is currently offline Tjaart
Go to my shop
Good afternoon all.

I am a bit frustrated so excuse the terseness.

I have submitted 5 times now and all I get is - 'There is a problem' etc

That does not help at all.

I have put the model through both Netfabb and MeshLab and there is nothing wrong with it. Now I have this rejection and it could be anything from the blue moon shining on the rings of Giznar to all the 4 things on the Shapeways "this can be wrong" list.

It says that there will be a "an automated message to inform you that your model is going into the 'correction path' - a piece of software that will run some more time-consuming checks and which will attempt a a number of automated fixes. When it's ready you will receive a second notification mail with the result."

In all my submissions I have never received a mail like that notifying me what is wrong.

Will Shapeways let me know in which of the 4 areas there is a problem? Or will I need to just keep welding, fixing and submitting ad infinitum till something sticks with crossed fingers.

Re: There's a problem with your model 'XXXXX' [message #65908 is a reply to message #65906 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 15:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
You can share the file here if you wish, or if you want to keep it private, you can email support and they will be able to help you get your item printable.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Would like to ship to an address other than my own.
Next Topic:Maya 2012 scale importing to Shapeways scale OBJ

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.