Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later'
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65862] Wed, 10 April 2013 01:22 UTC Go to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
Hey folks,

I've recently uploaded a Size 18 of one of my Zelda rings (apparently someone's boyfriend has huge hands!) and I'm trying to make it available via private link for sale. However, every time I check the box 'For Sale' and hit 'Update', I get a popup saying 'an error was encountered, please try again later.' I also notice that whenever I go back into that model, settings that are 'auto-updated', such as descriptions or categories, are not saved. Could this be looked into?

Windows 7, Google Chrome

Thanks in advance Smile
Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65868 is a reply to message #65862 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 03:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dynath  is currently offline dynath
Go to my shop
I have the same issue, uploaded two files, everything went fine, tried to edit for sale and it won't let me "update" the model entry.
Also on Windows 7 with Chrome. Problem occurs with Internet Explorer as well.
The issue extends to editing an existing model as well. If I go into edit mode at all it clears the file's categories and the model's entry effectively breaks (IE: won't let you assign categories and so won't let you make the file visible or purchasable).

Check Out my blog dynath.blogspot.com
Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65874 is a reply to message #65862 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 07:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar davidramirer  is currently offline davidramirer
Go to my shop
i have the same problem, also in google chrome Confused
...even not possible to update the categories or tags.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 April 2013 07:55 UTC]

david ramirer
Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65885 is a reply to message #65862 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 12:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
the problem still is not solved...

david ramirer
Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65887 is a reply to message #65862 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 12:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey guys, I'll check into this.

Are you guys setting a category when trying to make it available? That's the only popup I've seen so far in my testing.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 April 2013 13:02 UTC]

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65888 is a reply to message #65887 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 13:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yes, I set a category, check 'For Sale', and hit 'Update'. The my screen looks like this:

index.php?t=getfile&id=30444&private=0

• Attachment: error.jpg
    (Size: 216.15KB, Downloaded 62 time(s))

Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65889 is a reply to message #65888 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 13:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Alright, at first didn't noticed that you guys were reporting this on new items, so I'm uploading a new item to see if I can't recreate. Whether I can or not, I'll get it reported.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65891 is a reply to message #65862 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 13:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Try again now. I was able to recreate, then as I was creating the report, it stopped doing it.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65893 is a reply to message #65891 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 13:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yep, I can confirm as well, the issue is no longer a... well, an issue. Thanks! Smile
Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65894 is a reply to message #65862 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 13:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
I have confirmed with the devs, it should now be fixed.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65896 is a reply to message #65894 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 13:47 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
yes, the updating works again. thanks for the fast work!
Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 10 April 2013 13:47 UTC]

david ramirer

Previous Topic:I post a Forum topic, then the connection fails
Next Topic:Markup to low after change