Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later'

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by PeregrineStudios, Apr 9, 2013.

1. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    Hey folks,

I've recently uploaded a Size 18 of one of my Zelda rings (apparently someone's boyfriend has huge hands!) and I'm trying to make it available via private link for sale. However, every time I check the box 'For Sale' and hit 'Update', I get a popup saying 'an error was encountered, please try again later.' I also notice that whenever I go back into that model, settings that are 'auto-updated', such as descriptions or categories, are not saved. Could this be looked into?

Windows 7, Google Chrome

Thanks in advance :)

2. dynath
    dynath Member
    I have the same issue, uploaded two files, everything went fine, tried to edit for sale and it won't let me "update" the model entry.
    Also on Windows 7 with Chrome. Problem occurs with Internet Explorer as well.
    The issue extends to editing an existing model as well. If I go into edit mode at all it clears the file's categories and the model's entry effectively breaks (IE: won't let you assign categories and so won't let you make the file visible or purchasable).

3. davidramirer
    davidramirer Member
    i have the same problem, also in google chrome :confused
    ...even not possible to update the categories or tags.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  4. davidramirer
    davidramirer Member
    the problem still is not solved...

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Hey guys, I'll check into this.

Are you guys setting a category when trying to make it available? That's the only popup I've seen so far in my testing.

6. PeregrineStudios
    Yes, I set a category, check 'For Sale', and hit 'Update'. The my screen looks like this:

error.jpg

7. Youknowwho4eva
    Alright, at first didn't noticed that you guys were reporting this on new items, so I'm uploading a new item to see if I can't recreate. Whether I can or not, I'll get it reported.

8. Youknowwho4eva
    Try again now. I was able to recreate, then as I was creating the report, it stopped doing it.

9. PeregrineStudios
    Yep, I can confirm as well, the issue is no longer a... well, an issue. Thanks! :)

10. Youknowwho4eva
    I have confirmed with the devs, it should now be fixed.

11. davidramirer
    davidramirer Member
    yes, the updating works again. thanks for the fast work!
    ;)