Home » Community » General Discussion » Weekend Contest #7: Springtime!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Weekend Contest #7: Springtime! [message #65618] Sat, 06 April 2013 11:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=30223&private=0

(Image: 3D fractal: 'Woven Flower' by unellenu)

We have all been waiting eagerly for spring. Especially here in Europe, the weather has been lousy so far, but this weekend things have started to look up. As a result, my head is filled with sunny ideas. What are yours? Share them with us this weekend!

You have until Monday evening 18:00, GMT+1 to come up with your ideas!

How to enter

Model your bottle add-on, upload it to your gallery, tag it with 'WeekendContest7' and post the link and picture here (upload the image, and click 'Insert image into message body' to embed it in your forum message).

Who wins?

You decide! Visit the model that you like most, and add it to your favorites. The model with the most votes wins.

What's the prize?

Eternal fame! Kudos from the Shapeways team! Riches! Okay, well, the winner will get a $25 gift certificate.

That's all?

Yep, have a walk in the sun, then fire up your favorite modeling app this weekend and have fun!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Weekend Contest #7: Springtime! [message #65619 is a reply to message #65618 ] Sat, 06 April 2013 11:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Cut and paste is cool, but ...

Quote:

How to enter

Model your bottle add-on, upload it to your gallery, tag it with 'WeekendContest7' and post the link and picture here (upload the image, and click 'Insert image into message body' to embed it in your forum message).

Re: Weekend Contest #7: Springtime! [message #65621 is a reply to message #65619 ] Sat, 06 April 2013 12:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Big market for bottled sunshine obviously Confused
Re: Weekend Contest #7: Springtime! [message #65734 is a reply to message #65618 ] Mon, 08 April 2013 14:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Nobody? I'd better open a nice bottle of wine and enjoy these first sunbeams then Smile

Bart

Re: Weekend Contest #7: Springtime! [message #65739 is a reply to message #65618 ] Mon, 08 April 2013 15:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar fx2  is currently offline fx2
Go to my shop
I had a rather strange idea... But why not ? There isn't any yellow dyied WSF, but I guess it should look nice in blue, too.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1017150/sun.html?li=modelEdit
index.php?t=getfile&id=30372&private=0

Now I would say " The sun is just around the corner..." Very Happy

• Attachment: sun1.jpg
    (Size: 73.09KB, Downloaded 201 time(s))

[Updated on: Mon, 08 April 2013 15:46 UTC]

Re: Weekend Contest #7: Springtime! [message #65741 is a reply to message #65739 ] Mon, 08 April 2013 15:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Very cheerful Smile

Re: Weekend Contest #7: Springtime! [message #65760 is a reply to message #65741 ] Mon, 08 April 2013 20:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GarySG  is currently offline GarySG
Go to my shop
I'm almost done with mine, I hope you don't close it with only one entry Very Happy

"Hm, I'm so hungry I could eat an entire cow. Gerard, fire up the printer!"
Re: Weekend Contest #7: Springtime! [message #65763 is a reply to message #65760 ] Mon, 08 April 2013 21:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GarySG  is currently offline GarySG
Go to my shop
I've been wanting to make this pendant for a while now, honoring the ancient Goddess of the Dawn, Eos. Smile

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1019474/sunrise-pendant.html? li=my-models

index.php?t=getfile&id=30383&private=0

[Updated on: Mon, 08 April 2013 21:33 UTC]

"Hm, I'm so hungry I could eat an entire cow. Gerard, fire up the printer!"
Re: Weekend Contest #7: Springtime! [message #65768 is a reply to message #65763 ] Mon, 08 April 2013 21:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
Damn - was going to try to knock something out by this evening, but the deadline time's already gone by. Stupid time zones Smile
Re: Weekend Contest #7: Springtime! [message #65802 is a reply to message #65618 ] Tue, 09 April 2013 11:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks for participating everyone! With only two entries (I did include yours as well, GairBear66 Wink, I've decided to go for fx2's little clip-on sun. Maybe you can have it printed and dye it yourself?

I'll mail you the $25 voucher.

To everyone: what kind of contest topics get your creative juices going? I'm building up a list for future use. Thanks!

Bart

Re: Weekend Contest #7: Springtime! [message #65804 is a reply to message #65802 ] Tue, 09 April 2013 12:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Innovo  is currently offline Innovo
Go to my shop
bartv wrote on Tue, 09 April 2013 11:12

To everyone: what kind of contest topics get your creative juices going? I'm building up a list for future use. Thanks!

Firstly a note: Perhaps this should be a week long contest, ending Sunday (more people will contribute, since many don't have enough free time even at the weekend).

Now, there are several themes I would be interested in, such as Steampunk, Robots, Spaceships Smile but practical designs would also be interesting (like printed tools, functional rings etc.)

Innovation & Design

http://www.etsy.com/shop/InnovoDesign
http://www.zazzle.com/innovodesign*
Re: Weekend Contest #7: Springtime! [message #65807 is a reply to message #65802 ] Tue, 09 April 2013 13:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
bartv wrote on Tue, 09 April 2013 11:12

Bart

living hinges.

I agree, a week long would be nice.

-Marcus
Re: Weekend Contest #7: Springtime! [message #65835 is a reply to message #65618 ] Tue, 09 April 2013 17:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar fx2  is currently offline fx2
Go to my shop
Thank you for the coupon ! Smile
I think the week-end contest is interesting idea. If I get inspired by the topic and have some time, then I create a design. This is a different kind of contest, where I don't have weeks to get some inspiration, and can't spend several hours to design something. I like it, it's something different.
Re: Weekend Contest #7: Springtime! [message #66161 is a reply to message #65618 ] Mon, 15 April 2013 18:31 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
I suggested a week-long contest right from the beginning. Maybe announce the winner on Monday and the new comp at the same time, but only allow posting on the week-end (so we don't get discouraged from seeing all the great entries during the week!).

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:More info about color printing ?
Next Topic:Easy personalized jewelry app