Home » Support » 3D Design » Best way to layout my model in Solidworks?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Best way to layout my model in Solidworks? [message #65573] Fri, 05 April 2013 22:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar Steve_Storm  is currently offline Steve_Storm
Go to all my models
Hi There!

I'm new here and was wondering what the best way to layout my model would be when modeling in Solidworks? Now my question would seem obvious but I was wondering if I should create an assembly and move the parts around as I see fit (to save space or to place them as close together as possible).

Creating several pieces in one part is a bit of a pain, you cant simply move a part of your model around (re position 1 part of 3 parts) or maybe you can?

My other question is, should I make a sprew to hold my parts or will the printer build a base first and my model be placed on top of the base?

Thanks!
Re: Best way to layout my model in Solidworks? [message #65576 is a reply to message #65573 ] Fri, 05 April 2013 23:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
It all depends on the size of the parts. Shapeways will not build a base for them.
This thread may answer some of your questions.
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=11895& amp;start=0&

jacantdesign@gmail.com

Previous Topic:Physical properties of WSF material
Next Topic:iPhone case dimensions

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.