How can I put my products in sections?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by paulelderdesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. How can I put my products in sections? I found the create section but not where to drag my products. Does this even work? :eek:

Paul

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Once you've defined the sections, go into EDIT mode on any model and you'll see them
    Image1.jpg

3. OMG so simple :laughing:

Thanks Stony'

Paul

4. Dragoman
    Dragoman Member
    Note that it only works once a product is put up for sale.

A bit of a pity, as I like to have evarything in place before I publish the item. Fortunately, the section assignment isn't lost if you make an item "not for sale" again.

Greetings
    Dragoman

5. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    I was just wondering about this. There does not appear to be a decent method to organize your private designs into sections or project groups prior to putting them up for sale. The only method I've come up with is to pre-group designs by file name so that they may be grouped together when you alphabetize your model list. Why not allow every model to be grouped and allow the designer to view the groups outside of the store environment? This would appear to be a rather fundamental and useful capability to keep things better organized. If I could combine the Tinkercad ability to group designs with the shapeways ability to sort lists in various ways I would be less grumpy.

On a related note it would be nice if you could set how your model lists, either for all designs or within groups, are always sorted for yourself or public viewing in a global parameter. For example, I'd like to be able to set an always alphabetize option. This would prevent my model list from always popping back to a shapeways selected default after viewing or editing a model page.