Home » Community » It arrived! » ButterPi Case
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
ButterPi Case [message #65490] Thu, 04 April 2013 17:26 UTC Go to next message
avatar ceramicwombat  is currently offline ceramicwombat
Go to my shop
My friend received a Raspberry Pi as a late Christmas gift and said, "Hey Chuck, you like making needlessly complex things, will you make me a case?" After three design iterations, the finished ButterPi Case has arrived. The picture below is the model in Royal Blue Strong & Flexible.

index.php?t=getfile&id=30106&private=0

It is designed to fit the Model B of the Raspberry Pi and comes in five parts. Instructions for assembly are in a video here. Each part may have residual build powder in the mating channels. Attach each part individually and work it back and forth several times to remove any residual powder before final assembly.

index.php?t=getfile&id=30107&private=0

The ribbon cable hatch can be removed when the doors are open but is locked in place when the doors are closed. When the central key is pushed forward and the ribbon cable hatch is removed a ribbon cable can be threaded through the passage under the key and fitted to the Pi through the hatch. The key has a slot granting the ribbon cable egress when the key is in closed position.

index.php?t=getfile&id=30109&private=0

This is the ButterPi Case in Black Strong & Flexible:

index.php?t=getfile&id=30108&private=0

The Black Strong & Flexible takes drybrushing quite well. This is the case in Black Strong & Flexible drybrushed with metallic acrylic paint:

index.php?t=getfile&id=30110&private=0

If you plan on painting the case to produce a faux-metallic look, go for the Black Strong & Flexible. Fake drybrushed metal over a black base looks much more realistic than trying to achieve the look with a white or other color base.

Re: ButterPi Case [message #65494 is a reply to message #65490 ] Thu, 04 April 2013 18:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Very nice "needlessly complex" design Surprised And you're right that drybrushing looks fabulous.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: ButterPi Case [message #65547 is a reply to message #65494 ] Fri, 05 April 2013 17:59 UTC Go to previous message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
That's strange, I'm sure I posted my compliments as well on this. Confused I hope my replies are not being deleted for some odd reason.

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.

Previous Topic:Aromaph
Next Topic:My first arrived!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.