Canadian C.O.D. Experiences

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by ppoz, Apr 3, 2013.

Did you have to pay a C.O.D.?

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ppoz
    ppoz Well-Known Member
    I apologize if this thread is redundant; I could not find an existing thread that consolidated Canadians' experiences with UPS C.O.D. fees so I thought I might start one here. If anybody receiving shipments in Canada wants to share their experiences, it could help other Canadian buyers know what to expect when they get their orders.

I just received my order and the C.O.D. fee was $15.49. The delivery man only accepted cheque or credit card, no cash or debit cards. If this is relevant, the total cost of my order with Shapeways (excluding the C.O.D. fee that I had to pay at the door) was $51 and my order included 9 items.

2. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Canadian only thread, probably not, "alternatives to UPS, please", a bunch. UPS will charge if there is any customs charge (impossible for internal USA or EU shipping, but sure for Canada, Brazil, Australia... anywhere, it all depends on the level local laws trigger, and of course they will charge a commission), or any extra they can add (living in a small town away from big routes? beware).

3. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member