Nemesis The Warlock bust

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Eeppium, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Eeppium
    Eeppium Member
    Finally got my nemesis bust printed and it came out great!

i was bit worried about the spines and horns, being so thin and tiny but they were all intact.
    one of the horns was a bit twisted but I got it straightened under hot water.
    im painting it also later

dimensions are:
    Height 9.8 cm
    Width 9.6 cm
    Depth 11.7 cm

Im going model him entirely when i get around to it.

Many thanks to shapeways for transferring him to physical realm :)

* [http://www.2000adonline.com 2000 AD] and ''Nemesis The Warlock'' copyright Rebellion A/S 2008.

nemesis sivu.JPG

nemesis iso.JPG

nemesis3.JPG

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  2. MaxSMoke777
    MaxSMoke777 Member
    It's cool and well done... but also very strange. Kudos!

3. Eeppium
    Eeppium Member
    Thanks =) he is a 2000AD comic character written by Pat Mills and drawn by Kevin O´Neill. A demonic alien.
    I intend to build a whole body for him later

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  4. 27028_deleted
    27028_deleted Member
    This is hot...now do Torquemada! Are you selling these and if so how come everyone isn't hassling you about getting sued? :p

5. Eeppium
    Eeppium Member
    im keeping it available only to myself for that exact reason. those copyright issues can be a world of pain :(

ill first finish this then probably do more. i was thinking of making his spaceship next and maybe other characters later =)

6. Sphynx
    Sphynx Member
    I am sorry to say, even keeping it to yourself in some situations can cause exactly the same thing. People like Paramount and Fox are usually OK with 3D artists and fan artists because they recognise that it is free advertising and enhances the cult status of in this case, Trek and SW. That's the only reason why I felt safe in uploading my B11 to get a personal copy for the record.

Other companies are not so good however. There have been a number of cases where Disney for example, have sued parents because they have drawn Disney characters on the walls of their child's nursery, in a private home, because they were 'breaching copyright'.

Not so sure with the current holders of the 2000AD copyrights. While Fleetway were quite a reasonable company, that is long gone. It was all bought by a company in Slough who took it all on to get their hands on characters for video games - Rogue Trooper being the first. With that in the mix, you never know. Never been a precedent for that company yet.

7. Eeppium
    Eeppium Member
    i read somewhere, that they approve fan art but not fanfiction, as in seperate stories in nemesis universe. so this should be ok.. i hope :rolleyes:

(edit) added some legal text on the first post .. just in case :D

8. 27028_deleted
    27028_deleted Member
    Well I made a toy for a character that I can't even find the owner of the rights to (no knows who owns the copyright) give money to, to even lease the copyright so I'll make a limited run under a nom de plume and then vanish like the wind. :D

9. Eeppium
    Eeppium Member
    Hiya!
    Got him all painted up finally =P
    I gave him a black base color an some reddish brown texture on top of it. its really just my interpretation of how he is colored. ive always took him almost black, since its a BW comic. but the coverart shows a whole range of skin colors, so i stick to what suits me =)

View attachment 1450

View attachment 1451

View attachment 1452