Leatherman Squirt PS4 Keychain MultiTool Steel Scales

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by Metropolicity, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Metropolicity
    Metropolicity Member
    Mitchell at Shapeways suggested i post these new scales I made for a Leatherman Squirt Keychain tool.

Long have a had a hatred for the soft aluminum scales that came with the keychain multitool that always get damaged. So I designed some in Sketch up and then several iterations and prototypes later I was able to move up to the 3d printed steel!. I call it the Leatherman Splash, It's no Leatherman Wave, but it sure isn't a Squirt anymore.

They are available at my shop: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/metro-qbranch

Here you are, these are finsihed a bit with some sandpaper (800 grit set sand)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was even able to design in a couple of slots for some tiny 1.5mmx6mm tritum glow tubes. This one is the wirestripper version, so it's Red/White glow tubes for Pos/Neg...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks shapeways for allowing me to really enjoy having my keychain tool on my keys and having it looking great!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Wonderful work! Looks like a perfect fit visually for the tool.

3. Innovo
    Innovo Member

Great work!
    I would suggest a couple of liquid glass (or clear resin) drops over the tritium vials for added protection and refinement :)

4. Metropolicity
    Metropolicity Member

Thanks! That's a great idea. The trit tubes are inset 1.5mm so they are pretty safe unless you stick something in there and push! I'll see if I have some resin kicking around the shop.

5. mygadgetlife
    mygadgetlife Well-Known Member
    That looks great!

The Squirt is one of my favourite tools.

Steven