Home » Support » 3D Design » Begineer on Designing iPhone & iPad Cases
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  Begineer on Designing iPhone & iPad Cases [message #64785] Mon, 25 March 2013 01:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar jmine83  is currently offline jmine83
Go to all my models
I want to get into designing and implementing through 3D printing my own custom iPhone and iPad cases. The designs I want to do would actually be very plain and simple, but unique because there is one very critical flaw that I have found in all the numerous case designs I have seen. I have not found one case for either iPhones or iPads that addresses this critical issue that I wish to capitalize on.

I have a lot of experience in 2D vector art with Adobe Illustrator, but none in 3D modeling. So I want a recommendation on a very user-friendly 3D modeling software program that runs on Mac or the iPad. Additionally, since I'm essentially modeling an object that is dependent on the physical design of another object (e.g. case design is dependent on iPad), is there a way I can download for free existing iPhone and iPad 3D model files to build case designs around?

[Updated on: Mon, 25 March 2013 01:12 UTC]

Re: Begineer on Designing iPhone & iPad Cases [message #64869 is a reply to message #64785 ] Mon, 25 March 2013 20:22 UTC Go to previous message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
Check this for Apples own specifications
https://developer.apple.com/resources/cases/
There are a few freebies of iphone cases here. Just download them.
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/laserdust

jacantdesign@gmail.com

Previous Topic:Similarity of artworks
Next Topic:From mathematical curve to 3D business card object?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.