Home » Community » General Discussion » 3d printers for limited mass production
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3d printers for limited mass production [message #64760] Sun, 24 March 2013 16:23 UTC Go to next message
avatar dcaraher  is currently offline dcaraher
Go to all my models
Hi

In early stages of toy business and looking into how to manufacture toy figures. Is anyone out here doing this using 3d printers? Thanks.

Dennis
Re: 3d printers for limited mass production [message #64775 is a reply to message #64760 ] Sun, 24 March 2013 19:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Like this? https://www.mixeeme.com/

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: 3d printers for limited mass production [message #64827 is a reply to message #64775 ] Mon, 25 March 2013 14:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dcaraher  is currently offline dcaraher
Go to all my models
Hi - thanks for the message. I'm wondering what kind of printer this place is using. I want to find out if it's feasible to do limited production runs of a toy (about the same size as the site you mentioned). How long does it take to make one unit, I wonder. Thanks
Re: 3d printers for limited mass production [message #64828 is a reply to message #64760 ] Mon, 25 March 2013 14:26 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Offically

"Disclaimer:
Please note that the 3D printed products are intended for decorative purposes. They are not suited to be used as toys or to be given to underage children. The products should not come into contact with electricity and be kept away from heat. Our materials, except for 3D printed glazed ceramic, are not food safe."

You can check out our materials here

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Can I wash my plastic model?
Next Topic:Materials for miniatures

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.