Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Part for Senseo coffee maker
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Part for Senseo coffee maker [message #64714] Sat, 23 March 2013 16:58 UTC Go to next message
avatar baerfoot  is currently offline baerfoot
Go to all my models
My wife's favorite coffee machine is not working due to a plastic part being broken. Can't find the part anywhere. Is there someone out there that could print this part? I have all the pieces, so there is a model to work from.
Coffee in the morning, delicious, a happy spouse: priceless.
index.php?t=getfile&id=29569&private=0

• Attachment: IMGP6804.JPG
    (Size: 105.09KB, Downloaded 414 time(s))

Re: Part for Senseo coffee maker [message #64720 is a reply to message #64714 ] Sat, 23 March 2013 17:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi, what's the function of the part and how strong should it be?
Cheers
Vijay

www.dotsan.com
Re: Part for Senseo coffee maker [message #64727 is a reply to message #64720 ] Sat, 23 March 2013 20:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
It slides a locking mechanism for the pod into place which also keeps the lid on during brewing. I guess as strong as a standard plastic part.....
Oh, and the size is about 3" long.
Re: Part for Senseo coffee maker [message #64739 is a reply to message #64714 ] Sun, 24 March 2013 02:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar CADNinja  is currently offline CADNinja
Go to my shop
Private message sent
Re: Part for Senseo coffee maker [message #65040 is a reply to message #64739 ] Wed, 27 March 2013 23:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Was able to repair this with superglue, and then epoxy, hopefully it will last.
Re: Part for Senseo coffee maker [message #65335 is a reply to message #64714 ] Tue, 02 April 2013 03:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Phxman  is currently offline Phxman
Go to all my models
This is a large part, it would be more economic to buy a new machine.
They have a recall, so hopefully you get the revised model.
Re: Part for Senseo coffee maker [message #65362 is a reply to message #65335 ] Tue, 02 April 2013 16:41 UTC Go to previous message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Yeah you might be able to buy a new unit for the price of the 3D printing. What I usually do when a plastic part like this breaks is I CA glue it together then I drill one or two holes perpendicular to the break and glue in a steel pin or pins. This makes the part much stronger than originally designed.

Good cases for 3D printing spare parts are where the item is very expensive to replace and no replacement parts are available. I have a Ney vacuum furnace that needs a part. It would be thousands of US dollars to get a comparable furnace and they no longer make parts for it. I could make the part with CNC machining, but it would actually be more economical time wise for me to just model it up in 3D and then order it in Shapeways stainless steel. Plus, I'm lazy! Very Happy I'm too lazy to mess with my CNC mill for that. I'd rather just do a few mouse clicks and wait for it to come in the mail. Razz

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.

Previous Topic:Requiring a Vehicle minded 3d modeler.
Next Topic:N-scale or 1:160 scale modern Military Vehicles wanted.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.