Home » Community » General Discussion » Thickness Changes
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Thickness Changes [message #64431] Tue, 19 March 2013 14:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar jeremyzschau  is currently offline jeremyzschau
Go to my shop
I use Strata 3D CX 7. When different parts intersect the thickness goes under minimum. My knot lid, tall ochoko and expanding ochoko all have parts that are below the minimum thickness but they were printed fine.

Re: Thickness Changes [message #64433 is a reply to message #64431 ] Tue, 19 March 2013 14:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=29287&private=0Another example.

• Attachment: Capture.JPG
    (Size: 81.68KB, Downloaded 254 time(s))

Re: Thickness Changes [message #64434 is a reply to message #64431 ] Tue, 19 March 2013 15:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
What material are you printing in? Our checks are manual, so just because something got through our checks doesn't mean that it fully complies with the rules.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Thickness Changes [message #64436 is a reply to message #64434 ] Tue, 19 March 2013 16:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Check out my explanation here:
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th=7 825&goto=41969#msg_41969

One choice is to run the model thru http://cloud.netfabb.com to make sure it's a single shell.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Thickness Changes [message #64466 is a reply to message #64434 ] Wed, 20 March 2013 03:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ceramic.
Re: Thickness Changes [message #64471 is a reply to message #64436 ] Wed, 20 March 2013 07:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I ran the models through the netfabb website. I will ask Shapeways staff to check. Thank you.
Re: Thickness Changes [message #71951 is a reply to message #64471 ] Mon, 22 July 2013 13:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
It printed. Thank you so much. It's on my shop now.
Re: Thickness Changes [message #71968 is a reply to message #71951 ] Mon, 22 July 2013 23:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I love the design! Props! Surprised

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.

Previous Topic:Okay to Polish Screws Printing in Strong & Flexible Plastic?
Next Topic:Similar concept as existing 3d print

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.