Home »  » General Discussion » My model could not be printed (i use SketchUp)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
My model could not be printed (i use SketchUp) [message #64327] Mon, 18 March 2013 14:40 UTC Go to next message
avatar cnomis  is currently offline cnomis
Go to my shop
Embarassed i m newbie of here & SketchUp either, i wanna do a ball joints (like that use on Revotech toys)connect around a spin.

after lots of study, i hollow 6 hole on the spin, however, due to the thin wall issue, it could not be printed. i dunno how to fix it in my limited knowledge of 3D. so i post & hope u seniors could advice or fix it for me.

i just miss this one to complete my set, so poor. i ll appreciate if any one help. thx a lot.

• Attachment: 553100.JPG
    (Size: 50.56KB, Downloaded 47 time(s))

Re: My model could not be printed (i use SketchUp) [message #64438 is a reply to message #64327 ] Tue, 19 March 2013 16:41 UTC Go to previous message
avatar TimPlatschorre  is currently offline TimPlatschorre
Go to my shop
A chamfer on the edge, like you did in the hole in the middle, will do the trick I think.
You'll have to avoid 3 lines ending in 1 point. The lines are ending at zero thickness, a sharp point.

Do the holes have a function? If you can send an iges or step file I can make a chamfer for you on the edges.

Allround Designer | www.timplatschorre.nl

Previous Topic:Help for student, please: why 3d printing ?
Next Topic:Weekend Contest #5: 3D Scan to 3D Print with 123D Catch

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.