What if I uploaded the wrong file?

Discussion in 'Customizable Products & Design' started by JeremyMallin, Mar 15, 2013.

1. JeremyMallin
    JeremyMallin Well-Known Member
    I just filled my first co-creator request, but I accidentally clicked on the wrong file to upload. Now it seems there is no way for me to correct this. Does anyone know of a way to cancel the customer's order and upload the correct file? I immediately sent a message to the customer and emailed Shapeways for help. Has anyone else had this problem before? Does anyone know what to do?

2. JeremyMallin
    Shapeways responded to my message. Unfortunately the only way to handle it right now is for Shapeways to cancel out the order and ask the customer to reorder. Maybe this is something their web development team can work on in future improvements.

3. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    What are you suggesting that the web development team fix?

What would your proposed solution be in this case?

4. JeremyMallin
    Not fix -- new feature. A button for product designers (Shapeways store owners) to cancel/refund an order and/or replace the model file before a co-creator order goes to manufacturing -- plus automatically alerting Shapeways that this has happened.

5. JeremyMallin
    Or just a streamlined way of allowing store owners to quickly alert Shapeways to user mistakes like this one before the wrong model gets printed. (maybe a button to message Shapeways with specific order details already embedded).

6. NimlothCQ
    NimlothCQ Well-Known Member
    Hi!

Just wanted to pop in and mention that we released Order Cancellation on the Order Status Page today. While it's not exactly what you're looking for, you can always message the customer and inform about canceling for now.

Cheers,

Christopher Carter

7. JeremyMallin
    Wow. Thanks. Sounds good. I've been noticing that you've made a lot of nice enhancements to the site in the year or so I've been a customer/store owner. Good job.

8. NimlothCQ
    NimlothCQ Well-Known Member
    Thanks! It's been a tremendous team effort from everyone at Shapeways :)