Home » Community » Co-Creator Feedback » What if I uploaded the wrong file?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
What if I uploaded the wrong file? [message #64177] Fri, 15 March 2013 16:13 UTC Go to next message
avatar JeremyMallin  is currently offline JeremyMallin
Go to my shop
I just filled my first co-creator request, but I accidentally clicked on the wrong file to upload. Now it seems there is no way for me to correct this. Does anyone know of a way to cancel the customer's order and upload the correct file? I immediately sent a message to the customer and emailed Shapeways for help. Has anyone else had this problem before? Does anyone know what to do?
Re: What if I uploaded the wrong file? [message #64184 is a reply to message #64177 ] Fri, 15 March 2013 16:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways responded to my message. Unfortunately the only way to handle it right now is for Shapeways to cancel out the order and ask the customer to reorder. Maybe this is something their web development team can work on in future improvements.
Re: What if I uploaded the wrong file? [message #64186 is a reply to message #64184 ] Fri, 15 March 2013 17:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
What are you suggesting that the web development team fix?

What would your proposed solution be in this case?

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: What if I uploaded the wrong file? [message #64188 is a reply to message #64186 ] Fri, 15 March 2013 17:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Not fix -- new feature. A button for product designers (Shapeways store owners) to cancel/refund an order and/or replace the model file before a co-creator order goes to manufacturing -- plus automatically alerting Shapeways that this has happened.
Re: What if I uploaded the wrong file? [message #64189 is a reply to message #64186 ] Fri, 15 March 2013 17:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Or just a streamlined way of allowing store owners to quickly alert Shapeways to user mistakes like this one before the wrong model gets printed. (maybe a button to message Shapeways with specific order details already embedded).
Re: What if I uploaded the wrong file? [message #64545 is a reply to message #64189 ] Thu, 21 March 2013 03:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar NimlothCQ  is currently offline NimlothCQ
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi!

Just wanted to pop in and mention that we released Order Cancellation on the Order Status Page today. While it's not exactly what you're looking for, you can always message the customer and inform about canceling for now.

Cheers,

Christopher Carter

Christopher Carter
Senior Audience Experience Manager, Shapeways
Re: What if I uploaded the wrong file? [message #64548 is a reply to message #64545 ] Thu, 21 March 2013 03:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Wow. Thanks. Sounds good. I've been noticing that you've made a lot of nice enhancements to the site in the year or so I've been a customer/store owner. Good job.
Re: What if I uploaded the wrong file? [message #64549 is a reply to message #64548 ] Thu, 21 March 2013 03:54 UTC Go to previous message
avatar NimlothCQ  is currently offline NimlothCQ
Go to all my models
I work here
JeremyMallin wrote on Thu, 21 March 2013 03:47

Wow. Thanks. Sounds good. I've been noticing that you've made a lot of nice enhancements to the site in the year or so I've been a customer/store owner. Good job.

Thanks! It's been a tremendous team effort from everyone at Shapeways Smile

Christopher Carter
Senior Audience Experience Manager, Shapeways

Previous Topic:Re-ordering of rejected models
Next Topic:Co-Creator?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.