Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Convert .xyz pointcloud data for 3D printing?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Convert .xyz pointcloud data for 3D printing? [message #64077] Thu, 14 March 2013 14:04 UTC Go to next message
avatar sarahlyman  is currently offline sarahlyman
Go to all my models
I have a point cloud data set from an underwater sonar survey of a shipwreck (file is .XYZ). Is it possible to convert this data into a format acceptable for a 3D printer? Anyone out there able to do this work for us? You can contact me directly if you prefer: saraht@lcmm.org. Thanks for your thoughts on this.
Re: Convert .xyz pointcloud data for 3D printing? [message #64078 is a reply to message #64077 ] Thu, 14 March 2013 14:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi, I'd like to help you on this, can you send a sample file to info@dotsan.com?
Regards
Vijay

www.dotsan.com
Re: Convert .xyz pointcloud data for 3D printing? [message #64127 is a reply to message #64077 ] Thu, 14 March 2013 23:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar CADNinja  is currently offline CADNinja
Go to my shop
I will email you
Re: Convert .xyz pointcloud data for 3D printing? [message #64136 is a reply to message #64127 ] Fri, 15 March 2013 04:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
It would be really interesting to see the results.. I'd encourage you to post some pictures as the project progresses.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Convert .xyz pointcloud data for 3D printing? [message #64144 is a reply to message #64077 ] Fri, 15 March 2013 11:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
I've moved this thread to the '3D Modeler Needed' forum.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Need a modeler for a Super Nintendo Cartridge Shell design
Next Topic:Headphone design