Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Safety of the 3D image viewer
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Safety of the 3D image viewer [message #64061] Thu, 14 March 2013 09:00 UTC Go to next message
avatar justinhowlett  is currently offline justinhowlett
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways I have a quick question that I wasn't able to find on online and might be something others are interested in:

How safe is the Shapeways 3D image viewer, is it possible that people could just download the model from the viewer without permission?

I am interested in this because I might start using this feature when showing my clients their models before they purchase but I would obviously like some reassurance that my work is safe, or at least very difficult to obtain without permission.

Any info about this subject and the safety of the 3D image viewer would be appreciated.

Cheers
Re: Safety of the 3D image viewer [message #64063 is a reply to message #64061 ] Thu, 14 March 2013 09:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
The 3D viewer doesn't contain any model geometry, it is simply a 3D render viewer that shows auto-generated images of a model as an animation sequence.

Paul
Re: Safety of the 3D image viewer [message #64065 is a reply to message #64063 ] Thu, 14 March 2013 09:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ah of course I have been looking for one like that I can use on my website but so far I have only came across ones that use the .OBJ thus sending the model to the client.
Re: Safety of the 3D image viewer [message #64122 is a reply to message #64065 ] Thu, 14 March 2013 23:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
You are looking for 3dnp. Or, if not using Blender, some tool to render the required images and then reuse the web part.
icon14.gif  Re: Safety of the 3D image viewer [message #64130 is a reply to message #64122 ] Fri, 15 March 2013 01:00 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Yes that's precisely what i need many thanks your a hero:D

Previous Topic:Automatic color model rejection
Next Topic:Markup Payment Date - Potentially Another Problem?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.