Combining Shipping?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by 100814_deleted, Mar 12, 2013.

1. I have three pending orders that I want to have shipped together.

The reason for the separate orders is that one part was rejected for printing after the original order was placed. I corrected the model twice and so I now have three pending orders.

I dont want to pay $6.50 shipping for each one and I can see how to correct the mistake?

Thanks.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    The solution is to email service.

3. Done!

Thank you!

4. No.

It isnt the solution because they dont read or answer their email.

I wrote to them yesterday as you suggested but they ignored me and today I get a notice from UPS saying they've shipped my item.

Wtf??

I specifically asked them to combine shipping and they ignore my request?

I'm upset. It seems so stupid that they can just keep charging me $6.50

5. Youknowwho4eva
    I've emailed service to see what's going on.

Did you write them yesterday, or the day before? Service can take up to 24 hours to reply.

6. Its been 48

Still no word either.

Even after this exchange.

WHats curious is that I had another piece rejected and they sent word of the rejection and when I replied I got an immediate response from "Michon van Tuijl".

So there's employees reading the email.

I think I should get a refund for the $6.50 shipping. Its not fair that I have to pay for it.

7. Youknowwho4eva
    24 hours is the target response time. Most Service agents are in Europe, so they are already offline for the day.

They'll get back to you. I can't guarantee any results. But I'm sure they'll get things situated.

8. Well I know.

As you can see I waited over 24 hours before posting here. Its over 48 hours now.

And I've had other communication from Shapeways in that time.

It really wouldnt matter except that them ignoreing me costs me $6.50.

Thats just not fair.

9. Hey MikeP,

I checked your email history and see that my colleague Mitchel responded to your email

MAR 13, 2013 | 11:20AM CET
    Mitchell Jetten replied:
    Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, we cannot change or add anything to existing orders (it's painful, we know).
    We are working on a new system which will allow you to do this yourself in the near future.

For now I have to disappoint you as our current system does not support this :(

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Best,
    Mitchell
    Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
    Customer Service Agent
    www.Shapeways.com

10. Ah Thank you. Finally.

The "lost" email. I wonder what happened to it? It wasnt in my Spam folder.

But thank you for explaining.

In the event that a printing cancellation then creates two orders it would be a work around to cancel the two seperate order's and reorder?

I would have done that if I'd known.