Home » Community » Introductions » Software like EasyToy for Mac?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  Software like EasyToy for Mac? [message #63765] Sun, 10 March 2013 23:38 UTC Go to next message
avatar valexander  is currently offline valexander
Go to all my models
Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forum, and I'm also new to the whole 3D printing world. I'm currently working on an art piece that incorporates a sculptural piece which I want to have 3D printed. I've designed and trademarked a cartoon character that I'd love to render in 3D, and the easiest software that seems to do this is EasyToy (only for Windows). If anyone has ever made any toy-like renders (pokemon, hello kitty, etc) which software would you recommend for beginners? Below I've attached the jpg file of the character, so you guys can see what I'm working with. I'm currently using sketch-up and it's really difficult dealing with curved edges, and Blender was just too complicated to learn quickly.

Any tips thanks so much!

• Attachment: Front.png
    (Size: 1.19MB, Downloaded 26 time(s))

Re: Software like EasyToy for Mac? [message #63792 is a reply to message #63765 ] Mon, 11 March 2013 09:27 UTC Go to previous message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Yeah you'd most definitely want to make that in Sculptris. Surprised

There is software for doing mostly organic shapes and software for doing mostly non-organic shapes. Sketchup is for mostly non-organic stuff.

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.

Previous Topic:Need some info on 3D printing in shapeways
Next Topic:tapping along with my white cane

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.