Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » 3D Scanner Needed - Existing Plastic Object
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3D Scanner Needed - Existing Plastic Object [message #63757] Sun, 10 March 2013 23:00 UTC Go to next message
avatar WebmistressM  is currently offline WebmistressM
Go to all my models
Alot of what is covered on these forums deals with 3D printing. I was attempting to look for information on 3D scanner machines for the sake of re-creating an existing object. I do have a 3D program to do this but that computer's hardware has a current issue. It got me thinking about finding services for 3D scanning here where I live in the off chance I cannot model my existing object myself.

Would anyone know a good way to find these services?
Re: 3D Scanner Needed - Existing Plastic Object [message #63869 is a reply to message #63757 ] Tue, 12 March 2013 11:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar CADNinja  is currently offline CADNinja
Go to my shop
What is your zip code? I will help you find one.
Re: 3D Scanner Needed - Existing Plastic Object [message #63889 is a reply to message #63869 ] Tue, 12 March 2013 14:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thank you!

I am located in San Bernardino, CA. Los Angeles is about 1.5 hours away. Orange County is also 1.5 hours away. San Diego is 2 hours away. Hopefully I can find something close.

Re: 3D Scanner Needed - Existing Plastic Object [message #63914 is a reply to message #63889 ] Tue, 12 March 2013 18:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
If you get it scanned you will still have to fix the result in a 3D program. Going by the image it would be a very simple task to create this.
If you can give me the exact measurements and a few more images from top, bottom, side etc. I would be happy to help.

index.php?t=getfile&id=28903&private=0

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: 3D Scanner Needed - Existing Plastic Object [message #63960 is a reply to message #63914 ] Wed, 13 March 2013 04:25 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
That is great. To be honest, I dont know if I can put any more pics up here. Not sure if this is allowed. I do have the pictures (but dont have exact measurements, despite that the item is photographed next to a ruler) but I can PM you the rest of the pics as to keep the public thread from going OT

Previous Topic:DWG file to supported/required one.. please help!
Next Topic:Simple but important item replication.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.