Home » Support » Bug Reporting » My Shop URL is strange
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
My Shop URL is strange [message #63704] Sat, 09 March 2013 23:40 UTC Go to next message
avatar MrNibbles  is currently offline MrNibbles
Go to my shop
My I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I did something incorrectly setting up my shop. Can it be fixed without deleting the shop and starting over?

Why is this the URL of my shop?
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/http://www.shapeways.com/shop s/nibblesandbits

when everyone else seems to have a URL more like this, which does not work for me?
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/nibblesandbits

In a related issue many folks seem to share the same name between user name and shop name. Is this simply because they selected the shop name to be identical to their user name?

[Updated on: Wed, 13 March 2013 05:33 UTC]

Re: Shop URL [message #63713 is a reply to message #63704 ] Sun, 10 March 2013 01:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Send an email to service@shapeways.com and they (should) be able to straighten it out.
Just be aware that the service team is in the Netherlands, and they don't work on the weekends.

Yes, my shop and username are the same... simply because I'm not that creative.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Shop URL [message #64205 is a reply to message #63713 ] Fri, 15 March 2013 19:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks for the tips. I probably put in the entire URL path name into the prompt box when I opened the store. As it says on that page the name of the store cannot be changed, so unless I hear otherwise from Shapeways I'm stuck with that name!
Re: Shop URL [message #64206 is a reply to message #64205 ] Fri, 15 March 2013 19:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Just go back to your My Shop page and change the name Wink

Paul

[edit] Don't forget to scroll the waaaayyyyy down and click 'Save' to make it stick.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 March 2013 19:28 UTC]

Re: Shop URL [message #64316 is a reply to message #64206 ] Mon, 18 March 2013 04:37 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks for that suggestion. While that does allow you to change the name of your store it does not alter the original URL of the store. That URL appears to be permanent!

Previous Topic:Problems with uploads?
Next Topic:Product Variants Mod

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.