Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » General Discussion » Exporting Files w/ Textures Need Help !! 3d Max Program
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Exporting Files w/ Textures Need Help !! 3d Max Program [message #63516] Fri, 08 March 2013 02:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar robertbonenfant  is currently offline robertbonenfant
Go to all my models
So just like it sounds im having trouble exporting my designs from 3d max to shapeways format. They will export fine without textures but wont export when add them to my design. Not sure how to save them ??? Any ideas ??
Re: Exporting Files w/ Textures Need Help !! 3d Max Program [message #63521 is a reply to message #63516 ] Fri, 08 March 2013 03:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robertbonenfant  is currently offline robertbonenfant
Go to all my models
So The file saves as a lone .wrl file - Ive tryed to add the textures and .wrl in one folder but it still wont take it

Re: Exporting Files w/ Textures Need Help !! 3d Max Program [message #63558 is a reply to message #63521 ] Fri, 08 March 2013 14:09 UTC Go to previous message
avatar wedge  is currently offline wedge
Go to my shop
texture ImageTexture {
url "../maps/Simple_Stone_Mtl_Marble_bump.jpg"
}
It serch the Texture in a "maps" Filder one folder up.

You can manipulate it manualy in the vrml (take me 30 sec in notepad++) or change the exportoptions ...

there are same more Mistakes in the vrml:
* garlic.tga is missing
* you useing Name of objects more then one times. (not sure if this is a Problem on shapeways)

[Updated on: Fri, 08 March 2013 14:12 UTC]

Previous Topic:3d printing pen
Next Topic:Help wanted with 3D printer selection (details provided)