Home »  » General Discussion » Ceramic is not an option
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Ceramic is not an option [message #63369] Wed, 06 March 2013 19:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar Matt_Dancsecs  is currently offline Matt_Dancsecs
Go to all my models
I uploaded my 3D file and there is no option for ceramic. Is this an error. Also another question is how do I get pricing on 150+ pcs? I have sent an email yesterday and have not heard back.
Re: Ceramic is not an option [message #63371 is a reply to message #63369 ] Wed, 06 March 2013 19:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Does your item meet the minimum requirements for ceramics? For some materials, you can put multiple items in the file. This doesn't include ceramics. For ceramics, you'd have to add it to your cart, and change the quantity to 150.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Ceramic is not an option [message #63435 is a reply to message #63371 ] Thu, 07 March 2013 13:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Matt_Dancsecs  is currently offline Matt_Dancsecs
Go to all my models
I believe it does meet the requirements. I selected 150 pcs and there is no discount. I would think with 150 pcs there would be a discount? Please advise as I need to quote my client.
Re: Ceramic is not an option [message #63436 is a reply to message #63435 ] Thu, 07 March 2013 14:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
The only discount is that shipping is still the same price. Can you provide a link to the item that isn't available in ceramics?

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Ceramic is not an option [message #63459 is a reply to message #63436 ] Thu, 07 March 2013 18:18 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
I'm taking a shot at the model is bigger than the maximum bounding box of all sides added together being less than 400mm

Asides from that, the only material that Shapeways 'print each model on demand' which has a discount is Strong & Flexible.

The only way of getting a 'quantity' discount is being sneaky, that sneaky approach will not work with ceramics as the pricing is based on surface area, not volume, and there's no way of cleaning up any sprues with ceramics.

Paul

Previous Topic:Consistency in Design Specifications on the FUD Page
Next Topic:Building Models - Basic Legal Questions

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.