Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Applications » Find intersecting triangles?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Find intersecting triangles? [message #6233] Wed, 02 September 2009 14:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar SeveQ  is currently offline SeveQ
Go to my shop
Hi there,

my problems seem to be caused by some intersecting polygons and stuff. Is there a way to check a model for intersecting polygons? Perhaps by using Blender or some other software/tool/whatever? Any advice?

Thank you!

Greetings,
Hendrik

Re: Find intersecting triangles? [message #6234 is a reply to message #6233 ] Wed, 02 September 2009 14:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi Hendrik,

I guess it depends a bit on the type of problem that's in your file, exactly. Could you send it to me? (Preferably as .STL). I'll check it out and see what the best tool would be.

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Find intersecting triangles? [message #6250 is a reply to message #6234 ] Thu, 03 September 2009 01:17 UTC Go to previous message
avatar crsdfr  is currently offline crsdfr
Go to all my models
Magics RP by far.

Its the most reliable and customizable .stl fixing software I use. And I use it a lot.

Magics isn't free, I know Minimagics is though, but I don't think it has the .stl fixing capabilities the full version has. Minimagics should atleast be able to point out the intersecting triangles though.

Previous Topic:smoothing a cylindrical surface in wings
Next Topic:3dsMax export manifold bug

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.