Home » Support » 3D Printing » Shapeways Test - silver ring -
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shapeways Test - silver ring - [message #63294] Tue, 05 March 2013 20:53 UTC Go to next message
avatar DarioScapittaDesign  is currently offline DarioScapittaDesign
Go to my shop
Hi SHAPEWAYS team,

at the end of January I've ordered this ring in High Glossy Silver, just for a test. The same model was already printed by another service. When I've received it I've immediately noticed some differences regarding the high glossy finishing. At that time I've immediately contacted the CS and, as ever, they have arranged everything. (I have to say that Shapeways customer service is great)

As you can see on the SHAPEWAYS sample there are some points (in red) where the glossy finishing is totally missing, the rest of the ring is very good finished (in green).

It was very pity, because the rest of the ring was perfect and also my logo has very high details.

My question is, how this ring will be finished with the new PREMIUM silver?

index.php?t=getfile&id=28491&private=0

If the PREMIUM finishing is made by hand, the ring should be finished in all its parts (red points included), isn't it?

Hoping that the PREMIUM finishing will avoid the issue described above, I'm looking forward to try it.

Dario

Dario Scapitta Design
www.darioscapittadesign.com
Re: Shapeways Test - silver ring - [message #63297 is a reply to message #63294 ] Tue, 05 March 2013 20:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
The high gloss finish is an automated finish. The new Premium silver is hand polished. So you should get a good full polish.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Shapeways Test - silver ring - [message #63300 is a reply to message #63297 ] Tue, 05 March 2013 21:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar DarioScapittaDesign  is currently offline DarioScapittaDesign
Go to my shop
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your quick reply!
This is nice to know and it is a big improvement.

Dario

Dario Scapitta Design
www.darioscapittadesign.com

Previous Topic:Using Rhinoceros 3D for Full Color Sandstone models
Next Topic:strenght comparison

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.