Introducing Premium Silver!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by 7943_deleted, Mar 5, 2013.

1. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    As a jeweler I'm THRILLED to share that today we launched our highest quality metal to date: PREMIUM SILVER

Premium Silver is our 3D printed Sterling Silver taken to the next level with an incredibly smooth, glossy surface to give your designs a truly professional finish. We will be offering Premium Silver for a six week trial until Tuesday May the 14th, during which we will assess the pricing and design rules. If you love this new finish as much as we already do, we will keep it as a permanent material option on Shapeways.

Pricing
    To cover the cost of the manual polishing required to achieve the Premium Silver finish we are launching the trial with a tiered pricing structure for both the handling fee and the material price per cm3.

Handling Fee Per Model: $45 (up to 1.7 cm3), $78 (1.7 - 3.4 cm3), Free (above 3.4 cm3)

Price Per cm3: $28 (up to 3.4 cm3), $75 (above 3.4 cm3)

Read all about it!

3D printed Premium Silver will be on offer for six week trial until Tuesday May the 14th at which point we may make changes to the pricing and design rules or we may discontinue if there is not sufficient demand. We are really excited about this new material option at Shapeways and think it will lift your 3D printed products to a whole new level with this premium finish.

More details are on the Materials Page

Let us know what you think!
    -Natalia

2. GADesign
    GADesign Member
    Can't wait to order some products from our shop in Premium Silver, hope it will last more than 6 weeks !

3. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    Question : If the inside parts of a model can't be polished will it be rejected?

I'm thinking of getting a first sample of my new model (Mesh Collar Necklace) in Premium Silver but i'm not sure it will pass.

Thanks,

Wesley Günter

4. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    I don't think it will be rejected, just be aware that those internal parts can't be polished