Home »  » General Discussion » 1:500 scale fighter jets
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
1:500 scale fighter jets [message #63276] Tue, 05 March 2013 16:46 UTC Go to next message
avatar Flight fan  is currently offline Flight fan
Go to all my models
I am interested in seeing if it's possible to make some 1:500 scale models of the Russian MiG-29 Fulcrum.
http://www.aviationnews.eu/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Mig-29.jpg

I have already been told that the landing gear can be a problem in such a small scale, but i am willing to sacrifice that for something like this:
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w438/LeoMuse747/mirage3_zpsdb44ba93.jpg

Also, is it possible to get them printed in colour, or can they only be printed blank?

If it is possible, what material would it be, and what would a possible trial batch cost?
Re: 1:500 scale fighter jets [message #63343 is a reply to message #63276 ] Wed, 06 March 2013 13:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
It definitely is possible to do it. There are a fair number of shops selling jet planes in 1/300, 1/600 or 1/700 scale, which are the most popular scales for them. These would also give you an idea of prizes for printing them.

Rescaling one of the existing models to 1/500 would not be much of a problem. However, as far as I can see, nobody offers a Mig-29 at the moment.

Here is a model of the Mig-35 project, which is derived from the Fulcrum. Maybe you try to contact the designer?

Greetings
Dragoman
Re: 1:500 scale fighter jets [message #63352 is a reply to message #63343 ] Wed, 06 March 2013 15:16 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Flight fan  is currently offline Flight fan
Go to all my models
Thanks for the tip! I'll send the designer a message. Smile

Previous Topic:Shapeways World Meetup Day: February 28
Next Topic:ASCII FIle from LiDAR Static Scanner

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.