Home »  » 3D Design » Non-Manifold out of nowhere?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Non-Manifold out of nowhere? [message #63246] Tue, 05 March 2013 03:02 UTC Go to next message
avatar Zeemex  is currently offline Zeemex
Go to all my models
Hi guys, I'm trying to sort out my little DS stylus sort of design, I uploaded a version to shapeways and it's printable, but I wasn't too sure on the dimensions, so I went back into Blender and simply resized it, now I'm getting non-manifold vertices out of nowhere on the edge of a mirror modifier.

I've tried deleting the faces and refilling them, nothing. I can't even move the vertices because of the mirror.

The problem wasn't there on the bigger file I uploaded :S

Could someone take a look for me and tell me what the problem is?

Also some feedback on how to get my model to scale to serve as a DS stylus for example would be helpful.

Cheers in advance Very Happy

EDIT: Forgot to add the most important part! The non-manifold vertices in question are along the middle of his head.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 March 2013 17:27 UTC]

Re: Non-Manifold out of nowhere? [message #63289 is a reply to message #63246 ] Tue, 05 March 2013 20:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
the mirror was too high in the modifierstack for one thing it should below the subsurface mod. most exportsautomatically will. apply modifiers upon export, with the mirror mod in its current position.at export you wind up with messedup mesh to test this apply th sub surface mod, you will get a nasty message. before you add mod be also sure to apply scale

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
Re: Non-Manifold out of nowhere? [message #63341 is a reply to message #63246 ] Wed, 06 March 2013 13:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Keymaker  is currently offline Keymaker
Go to my shop
download it. check it, didn't find a problem with non-manifold vertices. If you have clipping on and cant move vertices and also some merge limit set then after applying mirror modifier these vertices will merge with mirrored ones => watertight mesh

Note: i always use mirror before subsufr Wink

(hope you understand my english)

The only thing that limits us is our imagination.

Previous Topic:Tips for designing Boxes/Enclosures
Next Topic:Custom Phone Case

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.