Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Printing » strenght comparison
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
strenght comparison [message #63139] Sun, 03 March 2013 18:24 UTC Go to next message
avatar tzenobite  is currently offline tzenobite
Go to all my models
hi to all Smile
im'm new of 3d printing, i'm planning to use it to make some parts for my bike
i got a recumbent bike and i want to make a new steering bar design, 3d printed parts may have to be robusts and slightly flexible, so i'm wondering if strong and flexible plastic will be enough "solid" to be comparable, with a good design, to aluminium parts
thanks!
Re: strenght comparison [message #63307 is a reply to message #63139 ] Tue, 05 March 2013 22:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I wouldn't trust it for such an important component. Unless you designed it so that it was redundant; such that if a control arm broke you could still maintain control with another control arm.

Even for non printed nylon I wouldn't trust it. Not for those mission critical control system parts.. Smile

Maker of precision scrap! :p

Previous Topic:Shapeways Test - silver ring -
Next Topic:Continuous Topology

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.