Home » Support » 3D Applications » Missed and wrong Piece after Upload
Search Search  
 () 1 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon11.gif  Missed and wrong Piece after Upload [message #63119] Sat, 02 March 2013 20:46 UTC Go to next message
avatar Ale_Montana  is currently offline Ale_Montana
Go to all my models
Hi at all,
i have made a 3D Object from a piece. But when i upload the image, a hole is closed and a little piece is missed. (Picture)

Whats going on? Can you help me please?

Thank you very much! Best regards.

Software: Cinema 3D
Uploade File: STL

Pics:
Cinema 4D + Shapeways interpretation
index.php?t=getfile&id=28336&private=0

Re: Missed and wrong Piece after Upload [message #63121 is a reply to message #63119 ] Sat, 02 March 2013 20:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
The hole is closed because the software Shapeways uses will automatically close all holes, in doing so it may delete other parts. Your model may just need to be repaired manually.
It may be easier to send your STL file by PM or my email address.

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: Missed and wrong Piece after Upload [message #63128 is a reply to message #63121 ] Sun, 03 March 2013 06:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Another thing to try would be sending it to the cloud. It's a supercomputer living in the clouds that fixes stuff! HAHA! Razz

Go here

It's very impressive what it can fix! Give it a try and you may have your part back in seconds as a perfectly usable STL.

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: Missed and wrong Piece after Upload [message #63130 is a reply to message #63128 ] Sun, 03 March 2013 10:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
Sorry I was not able to fix your file.
I have uploaded the image so you can understand what is wrong.
Models have to have a thickness, not just a 'skin'. The models normals need to be pointing in the right direction. So Shapeways knows which is inside and outside. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_%28geometry%29
Models need to be manifold or watertight. In other words if you filled the inside of your model with water it would not leak. By the inside I mean inside the walls, which must have minimum thickness dependent on the material.
The other thing is the smoothness of your model. The amount of facets you have around circular objects. Try to increase this.
It may look smooth in your software but the file you upload may be different. Open your model In Netfabb WYSIWYG
The image is a screenshot of Autodesk Inventor Fusion http://labs.autodesk.com/technologies/fusion which is free
The Microsoft Windows compatible technology preview executable expires on April 1, 2013.
The Mac App Store version of the technology preview has no expiration date.

index.php?t=getfile&id=28387&private=0

• Attachment: image1.png
    (Size: 28.88KB, Downloaded 108 time(s))

[Updated on: Sun, 03 March 2013 10:58 UTC]

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: Missed and wrong Piece after Upload [message #63994 is a reply to message #63130 ] Wed, 13 March 2013 14:56 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Ale_Montana  is currently offline Ale_Montana
Go to all my models
Tank you very much!

I will test it!

Best regards!!!

Previous Topic:PROBLEM IN EXPORTING TEXTURES FROM C4D
Next Topic:3D printing electronics?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.