Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Vvapor treating
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Vvapor treating [message #63028] Fri, 01 March 2013 14:45 UTC Go to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
interesting method.

can't figure out the danger (so beware)
and if it's suitable for other materials.

But the result is great

http://3dprinting.com/news/making-your-3d-printed-abs-parts- smooth-with-a-vapor-treating/#.USzNxI4S_1U.twitter

http://3dprinting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Vapor-bath.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 01 March 2013 14:48 UTC]

More then 8100 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr Twitter
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD, How to Become a 3D Printing Entrepreneur
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once) More the 500 successful Products (Items&material printed once)
Re: Vvapor treating [message #63069 is a reply to message #63028 ] Fri, 01 March 2013 23:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
This is the old white glaze. You probably remember cream which later was changed to grey robust and then killed. There was a smooth test named white glaze using the same machine loaded with ABS. Minifigs was mentioned in the post with more glaze photos, as it starts with poor detail and them blurs it even more.
Re: Vvapor treating [message #63257 is a reply to message #63069 ] Tue, 05 March 2013 09:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar wedge  is currently offline wedge
Go to my shop
hm loocks nice. interesting.
Re: Vvapor treating [message #65822 is a reply to message #63257 ] Tue, 09 April 2013 15:22 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mapfelbeck  is currently offline mapfelbeck
Go to all my models
That's really cool. have you tested if it changes the strength of the plastic? E.g. weakens it.

Previous Topic: Possible to... with Stainless Steel
Next Topic:Bill

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.