Home » Support » 3D Design » Tips for designing Boxes/Enclosures
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Tips for designing Boxes/Enclosures [message #62904] Thu, 28 February 2013 01:21 UTC Go to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
If you had a need for designing boxes that could be folded flat and later assembled into something box-ish, here is an interesting article:

http://hackaday.com/2013/02/27/acrylic-enclosures-use-integr ated-clips-to-do-away-with-fasteners

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Tips for designing Boxes/Enclosures [message #62995 is a reply to message #62904 ] Thu, 28 February 2013 23:10 UTC Go to previous message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Clever! Thanks for sharing Stony.

I've spent many an hour thinking of this very thing, so I can appreciate the cleverness of it. Also too, referred to in the same article is this. A combination of the two methods would make a really nice looking case reminiscent of the Form 1 case.

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.

Previous Topic:walls vs details
Next Topic:Non-Manifold out of nowhere?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.