One of the largest 3Dprinted fractal collection in the world!

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by bib993, Feb 27, 2013.

1. bib993
    bib993 Member
    I'm so excited each time I receive a Shapeways package. Yesterday was no exception and I was not disappointed. Well, except that some thin parts were broken, but I'm probably pushing the limits too far :)

I'll try to make a family photo one of these days, but in the meantime, here are some of my best shots. Check out my shop for more!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  2. wedge
    wedge Member
    nice!

3. WillLaPuerta
    WillLaPuerta Well-Known Member
    Beautiful

4. henryseg
    henryseg Well-Known Member
    Very cool stuff. Too thin parts is always going to be a problem with fractals!

5. bib993
    bib993 Member
    Thanks Henry. As I said somewhere else, I feel we are just at the beginning of a new era. Remember good old dot-matrix printers and compare with today's modern ink-jet printers. Now imagine when we have nano 3D printers for multi-material, ultra high definition. The 3Dprints of today will look like the early Mandelbrot set prints from the late 70's :)

6. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    ....Or pixel graphic games compared to almost life-like video games now. Can't wait. Just today I saw a ceramic print in ultra-high resolution the size of a penny...

Nice fractals, BTW.

Glenn

7. BenTaubert
    BenTaubert Member
    Very cool! How do you model these wondrous creations?

8. bib993
    bib993 Member
  9. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    I've sen most of those models during the Paris instance of the Shapeways World meetup, and this is a really impressive collection.
    My favorite one is on the second picture of the original post: the Amazing Fractal Bulb in Sandstone... It's amazing!

10. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    You have come a long way since your first post.
    The models look great.
    By the way thanks for the 'Llama'