Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » It arrived! » Disappointed
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Disappointed [message #62824] Tue, 26 February 2013 14:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar smtkelly  is currently offline smtkelly
Go to all my models
My item (my first from shapeways) arrived however I noticed 3 parts had been squeezed vertically. I figured this was a printing error and contacted CS right away.

A lengthy email exchange occurred where I showed over an over again where the print did not match the file. One part is a mirror on another with came out perfect but this one was squished so i believe it isn't a mistake on my part..

In the end CS told me in as many words "we give up" and told me to pay to have it printed again. I'm furious my model is useless without all the parts it cost a reasonable sum to have made and I been waiting close to 4week for an answer.

Is this really how they treat customers? This was a test purchase for me I have another 3model that need printing now I figure my money would be safer spent else where.

Re: Disappointed [message #62825 is a reply to message #62824 ] Tue, 26 February 2013 14:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Are the two parts expected to be the same size ? If yes, I do not see how a printing error could lead to this drastic difference.
Even if no, double-check your file to make sure you did not apply unequal scaling to the smaller object by mistake.
Re: Disappointed [message #62827 is a reply to message #62825 ] Tue, 26 February 2013 15:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey smtkelly,

so sorry to hear that! Could you contact me on bart@shapeways.com and include links to the products on Shapeways.com? I'll ask around and see what happened here.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Disappointed [message #62851 is a reply to message #62827 ] Wed, 27 February 2013 11:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
To follow up, we found a rare bug in our system that in fact DID cause scaling problems when uploading Collada files. We're getting it fixed and are in touch with Simon to resolve his order issues as well.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Wheel of Life Pendant - Very Dissappointed
Next Topic:Come Fly with me - Test Flight of X Bracket in sheer at Fort Funston, SF CA

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.